Shawn Callahan summarizes what he is thinking about learning:
- People don’t think they’ve learned anything until they’ve reflected on what happened.
- Learning is social—it benefits from conversations.
- Learning is social, intellectual and emotional.
- We learn through experience, and experience is shared through stories.
- We learn best when there is a reason to learn—I think this is an important aspect of sensemaking.
- We get better at what we learn through practice.
- We all have different learning preferences and ways of interacting.