More than three dozen of the FORTUNE 500 companies now produce blogs, for better or worse. Marc Gunther from Fortune has some insights:
- Technology companies led the way into business blogging.
- Good business blogs put a face on impersonal institutions.
- The best corporate blogs are open, honest and authentic.
- Packaged, filtered, controlled conversations are out.
- Open, two-way, less-than-perfect communications with your customers and employees are in.
- Corporate bloggers need to write with a human voice, post often, be transparent and enter into dialog with readers.
- Still, as companies learn how to use blogs well, we can expect to see many more of them.