(...) Step by step, here is what KM practitioners would need to do to realize this possibility:
- Revamp and upgrade the role of Information Professionals from content managers to personal productivity enablers.
- Reintermediate Information Professions to filter and add more value to external content.
- Develop simple, automated, Pub & Sub mechanisms to encourage and enable workers to 'publish' their knowledge and subscribe to that of others, inside and outside the organization.
- Create new media to allow workers to obtain and share 'know-how', 'know-who' and 'know-what' information from colleagues both inside and outside the organization.
- Provide tools and information resources that enable and enhance solution co-development with clients."